A message from our CEO Regarding COVID-19
To Our Customers,
With the growing spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19), we know this is a difficult time for many and we are committed to doing what is right for you. We are making some changes to support you during this time. Our associates are busy working behind the scenes to ensure you have access to the products you need to help you through this unsettling period with some peace of mind.
The situation we are facing as a rent-to-own company and as individuals is unprecedented and changing daily. We are making the best decisions we can with one goal in mind: protecting our employees, customers, and their respective families while trying our best to serve our customers who have immediate needs. We know you depend on us for:
- Furniture and bedding for safe family living at home.
- Vital technology like computers and smartphones to keep everyone connected as you work from home and your child’s education shifts online.
- Appliances that are necessary to help you store and prepare food.
We understand demand is high for these necessities. Even as we meet this demand, we’ve adjusted how we operate in many ways to improve safety. We believe it makes sense to keep our stores open in those places where it is allowed and advisable. We are, however, making a series of changes:
Store Hours: Our current hours of operation are Monday through Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, and Sunday closed. We will revisit the decision to remain open with shorter hours on an ongoing basis.
Store Access: We will serve our customers through limited access to our stores and curbside pickup. This will be done with the intent of substantially reducing the number of people in stores (only customers at a time).
There will only be a few employees in the store, and customers will be able to:
- Take advantage of limited services within the store, including finding a specific product. Customers will be escorted by an employee, maintaining the recommended social distancing separation of 6 feet and following the official guidance to not allow clusters of 10 or more people.
- If you don’t feel well, or choose not to visit one of our stores, we are ready to serve you at www.buddyrents.com or you can call the store anytime and we will be ready to assist you.
Store Safety: We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- We have shared specific instructions with our associates on the importance of practicing good hygiene, washing hands frequently throughout the day, and increasing efforts on regular disinfecting of store surfaces.
- Per CDC recommendations, we are asking associates if they feel sick to stay home. Also, we are asking any associate who has traveled outside the U.S. or has been exposed to others who have traveled to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Making Payments: We offer the ability to make your payment in one of several ways: pay online at www.buddyrents.com, pay by phone, pay by text, pay instore, or pay by setting up auto pay (Perfect Pay). If you have had a money shortage related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) event, please contact your store directly to make arrangements, so that you can keep the products on rent without disruption.
Deliveries/Pick-ups: We will take steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our employees during delivery or pick-up. Whenever possible, we will make the delivery to you curbside at the store. When necessary to make a home delivery, we prefer to deliver the merchandise to your door and stay outside your home. In home deliveries will be determined at the sole discretion of our associates. If you have any concerns, we will be happy to partner with you to arrange curbside drop-off or pick-up. Simply call your store and we will take care of it.
We are in a difficult time and find ourselves in uncharted waters. The safety and health of our associates, you, and your family is our number one concern. Make no mistake about it, this event will pass. Know that we remain committed to looking for more ways to help as we navigate these new waters together.
Our best wishes to you and your family.
CEO, Buddy’s Home Furnishings