How to Choose Your Next Refrigerator
Whether your refrigerator is older than it should be or it has stopped working, finding a new fridge isn’t as simple as picking out an outfit for the day. To get the best fridge for your home, you need to understand what refrigerators on the market today have to offer and what features you and your family would benefit most from.
A refrigerator can cost anywhere from $300 to over $2000 depending on its age, style, and features. At Buddy’s Home Furnishings you’ll find a great selection of rent to own refrigerators available for low weekly payments.
Sizes and Configurations
An average fridge measures 68 inches tall and 30-36 inches wide. It is extremely important to measure the space your refrigerator will fit into to make sure there are no mistakes. In addition to size, you should consider what type of fridge configuration would work best for you.
- Top-mount freezer: This is the most common and economical variation. It offers good storage capabilities.
- Bottom-mount freezer: This fridge variation provides a chest-style freezer on the bottom with a drawer, rather than door. It is well-liked as it makes freezer contents more accessible.
- Side-by-side: With a side-by-side fridge, you get both fridge and freezer from top to bottom. Thanks to the slimmer doors, they’re preferable in tight spaces.
- French door style: This fridge style has become the most popular in recent years and is also the most expensive. It features a chest drawer freezer on the bottom with side-by-side fridge doors on top. This is a space efficient and modern looking choice.
Depending on your food habits, be on the lookout for features that may be useful for you. Don’t be tempted by a feature because it looks nice. If it’s something you wouldn’t utilize, don’t worry about getting a fridge that has it. Common features include:
- Water/ice in the door
- Adjustable shelving/drawers
- Adjustable door bins
- Humidity control
- Child lock
- Fast-cooling departments
- Door or temperature alarms
A general rule of thumb is to have 4-6 cubic feet of storage space for each person in your home. This obviously comes with variables like how often you eat at home, how often you grocery shop, how often you entertain, and so on.
Your refrigerator is the heart of your kitchen so it makes sense to spend a little extra time picking the perfect one for you home. There are a ton of great sizes, styles, colors, and configurations on the market today. Buddy’s Home Furnishings is proud to offer a great selection of rent to own refrigerators from brands you love like Kenmore, Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Maytag, and more!