You’ve decided to purchase a surround sound system. First, you need to make sure your system provides every feature you need to make your football games, movies, and music sound great in your home. So what are the most important things to look for in an audio system?
- Connectivity. If you can’t connect your system to your existing entertainment devices, your investment may not be worth very much. Check out the connections on what you own now and what a surround system supports.
- Space. You probably don’t need a five-speaker setup and a strong subwoofer for a small space. Often, simple surround sound systems will deliver the experience you’re looking for without costing an arm and a leg.
- Stands. Many audio systems are designed to provide high quality audio when mounted as recommended. If you stick a $1,000+ surround sound system on a wall shelf or bookshelf, it may not provide the sound you paid for.
- Complete package vs. components. Unless you have experience with sound systems, a complete home audio system package may offer the most value and the best experience.
- Try first. To really understand what you expect from a system, try it out for a week or so. This will give you enough time to fully experience the sound quality.
If you have a flat screen television, the speakers probably weren’t made for quality audio. Invest in a surround sound system from Buddy’s Home Furnishings, and get the full experience of a theater in the comfort of your home.